Monday, 13 June 2011

Brazo de Yema by Cake Avenue

My siblings (who are bloggers, too) join different blog memes, and being a newbie blogger, I also would like to have more blogger friends, so I decided to join memes, too.



Brazo de Yema

It is a known fact that I really love eating Brazo de Mercedes. While searching details about Mercato Centrale online last Saturday night, I saw pictures about Cake Avenue Bakeshop, and seeing that they sell Brazo de Mercedes, I got more excited to go to the weekend market just so I could buy the pastry. Yesterday, my sister and I went to Mercato Centrale to pick up her Mochicko Mochi (which she won from a contest) and to roam around the market. At first I didn't see Cake Avenue's stall right away, but because we decided to take pictures of almost all the stalls in the market, I was able to find Cake Avenue - thanks to my sister's request of having her picture taken with the pig (from the Angry Birds game) cookie lollipop.

Brazo de Mercedes is also known as a jelly roll or a Swiss roll that's filled with lemon curd. Here in Cake Avenue Bakeshop they called it Brazo de Yema because they use yema as a filling of the sponge cake instead of lemon curd. I really enjoyed the combination of the yema and the sponge cake, it had the right amount of sweetness and the softness of the cake is just awesome.

If you want to try this one, they are available at Mercato Centrale located at the 34th street and 8th avenue (across MC Home Depot) in Bonifacio Global City every weekend from 7:00am - 2:00pm.

Jesz

9 comments:

  1. wow yummy!! i love that! tahnks for linking with fam time sis! now your follower..please do follow mine too! Thanks!

    www.lisingfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy:) thannks for dropping at my entry. followed you here too as laikka:) see you around!

    tejan ...www.3outof4.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that does look tempting, even if i'm not really a brazo de mercedes (well, in this case, a brazo de yema, lol) fan. maybe it's high time i check them out again! :)

    thanks for visiting my WE post
    enjoy the rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Now I want one too! :P Visiting via Weekend eating. ^_^ Hope you can visit mine here: Tortang Talong

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think mas panalo pa rin yung Frozen Brazo de Mercedes. :)

    Thanks for joining my meme, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love brazo de mercedes din!!!



    peachkins @ The Peach Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks really delicious...craving now! visiting you from WE and wishing you a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete